Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Bliss

Today (or yesterday rather) was the 4th of July. Yep, Independence Day.  Even though it wasn't spectacular, it was pretty good. My uncle, aunt, and cousin came in from Minnesota. They came on on, I think, Friday. I think they are staying until Tuesday though I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, they are staying with my grandparents who live next door from me. Nothing special went on, really. I saw my family, went in and watched iCarly (a lame show but my little cousin loves it) and ate some roast and rice. I did a little of reading, as well. Later on we went down town to watch the fireworks. Man, there were a LOT of people there. Cars could barely drive because there were a ton of people walking everywhere! We were in the left turn lane on our way to the a parking lot down town. Man, we sat there through many green lights. Every time the light gave us a protective turn we couldn't go because there were so many people walking across the crosswalk. We ended up getting out of the car and walked the rest of the way through. We were actually ride to the parking lot in my Grandfather's truck. My uncle had his van but he parked down town earlier and rode his bike back to my Grandparent's house. Smart. Anyway, we all got out and Granddad took his car and drove home. As we were walking, I couldn't believe how many people there were. It was so crowded that we could barely move through the crowd. Not only that, as I was walking I saw this guy walking infront of me who went to my high school. I know it was him because I always thought he looked... well... I don't want to say funny but I just say that for lack of a better word. We were never friends but I think we took some classes together. Or, come to think of it, I think I rode the bus with him. Yeah, I think that's how I remember him. We rode the bus together. I don't think he saw me, and even if he did, I don't think that he would remember me. That's good, though. I was concerned about running in to people I went to school with.

Anyways, we finally made it to the parking lot that my uncle parked in for the fireworks show. While in the parking lot, my uncle lit up some fireworks for my cousin and her older cousin. Then at 10:30, the show started. Man, the light show was so fly! The fireworks were really extravagant. There were even fireworks that burst in the shapes of hearts. Out of all the fireworks, that is the one I will remember. 15 minutes later we left out the parking lot. Again, same scenario of people walking across the crosswalk and the cars sitting there through green light after green light. Finally, a car was honking it's horn so much that we finally got through. I am happy for that because I thought that it was going to take us forever to leave. Then we hit the highway and went to the store. On the way there, my uncle flipped down the DVD screen in the backseat and played Johnson Family Vacation. Man, that was so cool. That was actually my first time being in a car that had a DVD player and watching a movie on it. After Meijer we came home. And here I am typing.

All in all, although it wasn't a super duper 4th of July, it was nice.

0 comments: