Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Want "To Do" List

There are just so many things that I want to do. Wow, where do I begin?

Here is my list:

Learning to play the guitar: I've been wanting to learn to play the guitar since 2004. I have always had an unbridled love for music. I have ever since I was little. Music makes me happy and I think that my happiness would greatly advance if I knew how to play an instrument. I feel that anyone who has such a profound love for music as I do should learn how to play at least one instrument. There are quite a few instruments that I want to learn how to play, such as the Piano and the Drums. The guitar is the first instrument that I want to learn to play.

Learning to speak different languages: There are sooooo many languages that I want to learn. I feel that learning to speak different languages would greatly behoove me. It would allow me to communicate with people through their native tongue and help expand my views and perspectives. Plus, people who know several languages (polyglots) are more qualified for any vocational position that they go after in their working lives. Well, I want to be qualified, damn it! If I can facilitate and by an asset to a company by being multilingual, then that is what I want to do. Also, what if I ever need help with something and the only person who can assist me is someone who either doesn't know English or doesn't know it very well? Oooh, there are just so many reasons why I want to learn many languages. The languages that I want to learn are Spanish, French, German, and Japanese. Although I really want Japanese to be my first language I learn, learning Spanish first would be the smart move because Spanish is the second  most common language that is spoken in this country. And I'll be honest, I don't come across a lot of people who are and speak Japanese. I would run into people who are Korean, Chinese, and even Vietnamese, but rarely - if ever - Japanese. But I will ALWAYS run into people who speak Spanish.

Traveling: It's a BIG world out there filled with different people, different places, different cultures, and different things to do. Traveling would benefit me in so many ways. For one thing, unless I don't have any money like now, I can't STAND to be in one place. I need a change of scenery. When I do travel, whether to a another town or another state, my brain becomes stimulated because I'm seeing and discovering different places. I'm seeing things that I've never seen before. It's quite exciting and it makes me feel lively. Also, traveling to diverse places would teach me about other nationalities and their cultures. It would be intellectually stimulating as well as mentally. It would increase and improve my understanding and knowledge of other nationalities and their cultures. And with that understanding I can connect with people who are different from myself. There are also a lot of breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL places out there in the world. I was looking at pictures of Thailand and they have some beautiful ancient buildings. I have a video on YouTube that I favorited a long time ago called "The Africa They Don't Show On TV." Places like Johannesburg and Nigeria have some of the most beautiful, artistically designed, and advanced looking buildings that I have ever seen! When I saw those pictures, I just couldn't believe how advanced they are there. They look more advanced than we do in the U.S.A. Whenever you see Africa on TV, all you see are impoverished countries and people who live in huts and villages, or you see the jungle side of Africa with their Lions, Leopards, Zebra, etc. You never see the other side of Africa. Of course they wouldn't show THAT on TV. Africa is supposed to be at the bottom of the totem pole. Showing how advance they really are on TV would show that the United States of America isn't the only one with the best advancements in the world. There is a world order and the United States of America must remain on top. Oh, I'm rambling. Let me get to the next item on the list.

Rediscovering my love for art and taking art lessons: I've already wrote about this in my Stifled Creativity post, so I won't get into details here. I am a right brainy. I have suppressed my artistic side for way too long. It's time for it to not only emerge, but be cultivated and have it's fully potential realized. I still carried a bit of love for my artistic side, despite me being ashamed of it. But this is who I am and this is what I love.

Making jewelry: Goodness... I LOVE jewelry! I just wanted to point that out first. It wasn't until a co-worker of mine made this beautiful necklace for me years ago that I started having an interest in jewelry making. When I moved to California, my sister and I went to this workshop where we made dichroic jewelry. When we went to their workshop, they had some dichroic jewelry on display. They were so beautiful. I have never seen jewelry like that. Gosh, I LOVED it! It was soooooo much fun. Maybe because it combined my two favorite things: creativity and jewelry. It was so much fun that I didn't realize that our two hours in the workshop had passed. You know how when you are doing something you love or something that is fun that the time just flies by? Yeah, that what it was like for me. It didn't seem that we were there for two hours. It seemed like we were only there for a few hours. It seemed like we were there for only a half an hour. That is how fast time flew for me while we were there. But it was there when I realized how much I loved it. I really want to make it a hobby of mine. I would love to make more dichroic jewelry, as well as other types.

Crocheting: My aunt taught me how to, or some simple techniques. I haven't really advanced from the initial beginning stage, but I want to. I love crocheting. I find that I love arts and crafts in general. There are so many that I want to learn and get into!

Taking vocal lessons: I LOVE to sing. Although I don't think that I'm a terrible singer, I do think that I need a lot of improvement. I used to sing around the house when I was a child. Even use to make up songs on the spot.

Well, that is my list for now. I plane on cultivating a lot of hobbies and interests. ♥

0 comments: