
It is January 16th. Today is Aaliyah's birthday, or it would have been if she was still alive. I just thought that I would acknowledge this. It has been a while since I talked about Aaliyah. She would have been 31 years old today.
Man, I can't believe that it's been almost 10 years since she passed away in the plane crash. When I watched on CNN that she had perished in that plane crash, I couldn't help but to break down and cry. I didn't want it to be true but I knew that it was.
Actually, I first heard about her death from a friend who called me hella early in the morning. He told me that she had died a plane crash. I didn't believe it at first until he told me to turn in to CNN. And sure enough, there it was. They said that she perished in a plane crash in the Bahamas with eight other people. She was flying from the Bahamas to Florida in that plane that she crashed in. She was only 22.
Aaliyah, ever since she came out, has been my role model. Believe or not, even though there were other female musicians that I loved, they were never my role model. To me, she had everything that I wanted: beauty, style, talent, sexiness, sweetness, and class. She encompassed all of these qualities. That is why I so badly wanted to be just like her. Every Aaliyah song and video that was on, I had to watch or listen. She had a great musical style. No one else out there had songs out there like she did. Her beats were unique yet hip, but I think that was due to Timbaland and Missy being the producers on her albums.
I have no doubt that, if she was still alive today, that she would have been a even bigger star than before she died. She was venturing into acting before she died. She was in Romeo Must Die, Queen of the Damn, and was supposed to be in the Matrix's sequels, but then she died.
It's a shame because she was such a great talent.
R.I.P. Aaliyah.
OK, I am not going to make any more post about death, at least not for a while. I have a lot of them so far and it's hella depressin', lol.



0 comments:
Post a Comment