Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Can This Be Someone Else's "Duty?"

I can't believe it. I just found out the other day that I was summoned to jury duty. Damn, how did they select me anyway. At first I was averse to the idea, but when I found out that jurors here in Michigan get paid $20 dollars a day for jury duty, I started considering the idea. I don't know. I still don't know if I want to do it. I mean, I don't know how long this trial is going to last. It could be a few weeks, a few months, or even a few YEARS. Do I really want to take the chance of going to court day in and day out to listen to two boring lawyers talk about boring evidence and possibly listening to boring testimony? I don't know. Plus, what if there are other things that come up in the future. I mean, I plan on getting some job training this year from Michworks and I don't know if I want this trial to inconvenience me. Like I said, I am considering it, but I just am not sure.

I will be honest, though. I would love to see how our judicial process works. Being apart of this might be a great experience. But, on the other hand, as I said before, I don't know if I can take going to these boring court dates day after day. Like I said, we will just have to see. *shrugs*

0 comments: