Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

2006: Target, Snapple, and Dogs!!

I have been wanting to write in my blog, but it's hard because I don't have anything to write. I am going to take an entry from the journal that I kept before I decided to start this blog, type it out, and post it here. It's just a funny anecdote from my life in California. Here it is:

9-12-2006.

Dear Journal,

Well, I called Target today to see if they were still doing interviews today. They were, but they were packed with interviews today. The guy told me to come tomorrow at ten in the morning. Like I said yesterday, I still don't think I will work at Target. I would like to, but I don't think I will. It is still worth a shot to go and get interviewed for the job. Who knows, maybe I will get it this time (though I doubt it). I may be just a little inadequate with my skills and experience, but I gain more skills and experience working.

I also have an interview with McDonalds on Friday. Now, I have a tiny work experience at McDonalds (which is why I DON'T want to work there). In 2003, I was employed at McDonalds in Michigan. It's too much of a long story so I'll make it short.

I was "officially" employed there in late July, but didn't really start working there until August. Let me ask you something. If you hire someone, you do have intentions for them to work there, right? Well, that wasn't the case for the McDonalds I was employed at. They hired me but never scheduled me to work. shoot, it's like Flavor Flav having that big ass clock around his neck and not using it tell time.

Well, anyways, my last day was in October. Most of the people that worked at McDonalds were students that went to my high school. Since it was homecoming night, most of the people that work there wasn't there. They had insufficient help, so they wanted me to come in. Anyways... blah, blah, blah... yada, yada, yada. At the end of the night, after having a quarrel with an irate costumer, I quit. I threw up my hands and walked out. That probably wouldn't have happened if I had a consistent schedule. That way, I would have been sufficient with the register, and would have better handled that situation.

Before I call it quits, I have something else I wanna tell you. Today, I was walking to the gas station at the end of the block to buy something to drink (a Peach Snapple). As I was walking, I heard obloquy and yelling from the house across the street. Some woman was yelling, "Get the fuck out of my house!" After she said that, two small dogs ran out of her house. When they saw me, they ran across the street and started chasing me. Man, I was screaming like a fat woman at the opera! I must not have been running fast enough because they were close. I was afraid of being bit. As I was running, there was a woman, a guy in a wheelchair, and a guy with a a cane walking down the street. They guy in the wheelchair and the guy with the cane scared the dogs away; the dogs ran across the street. Boy, was I lucky. Who knows what would have happened if they weren't there. The guy with the cain was telling me about this experience with stray dogs around Corcoran. He told me that, at one time, a dog chased him for two blocks. After being chased for two clocks, he stopped and swung his cane at the dog. The dog stopped and ran away. He also told me that, at one time, a dog bit him the leg. He said that around the high school, 5 or 6 dogs could chase you at the same time.

I eventually made it to the gas station and purchased my drink. After I left the store, I took another way home. I got home safe and sound thanks to the guy in the wheelchair, and the guy with the cane. I have to be rally careful walking around Corcoran because there are so many stray cats and dogs that it's not even funny.

Until next time. ♥

0 comments: