Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Long Time, No see!

Guess who came to see me after at least 5 years? My dad. I was laying on the coach when he came and knocked on the door. I got up and answered the door. Well, first I told my mom that there was someone at the door, then that's when I went and asked who it was. He said his name and I couldn't believe it, lol. I opened the door, and there he was. The first thing that I noticed is all the weight that he lost. I mean, he lost a lot of weight. That's good, though. I need to lose my weight (again). I hugged him and I went on the porch with him. He said that he wanted to say hi to my mom, and I told him that I don't think that she will come out. But, he wanted me to go and see if she would, anyway. Well, I was right, lol. I went in the house and told her that my dad was outside and wanted to say hi, and she told me to tell him that she was asleep. I was trying to convince her to come and at least say hi. But, she wouldn't budge. So then I went back outside and told my dad and he said that it was alright, then he proceeded to WALK IN TO THE HOUSE. I tried to stop him because my mom clearly didn't want to see him, but it was to no avail. He tried to open the door to my mom's room, assuming that it had hinges and all, but he accidentally pushed the door down (the door is just sitting against it's frame, not attached to anything). Then he started talking to her. As he was talking to her, I remembered those dreams I had about my dad about a month and a half ago. I had two dreams, I forgot what the first one was about, but the second one I remember I was a little girl and I was at my dad's house. I remember seeing him walking around the house as I was sitting there wondering what he was doing. That's all I remember. I have gotten dreams that actually came to fruition in some fashion. Not exactly how I saw in my dream, but the essence of it has came true.  Well, those were one of those dreams. I remember telling my mom that I think that I will be seeing my dad soon. A few days after those dream, I anticipated my dad's knock at the door. Then, as weeks went by, I guess I just forgot about it. But while my dad was talking to my mom, that's when I thought about that. Man, things like that never cease to amaze me.

After he wrapped up the conversation with her, we went back on the porch and talked. He is doing well considering his health. He has colon cancer. He was telling me that if he is around for another five years, that he will be good. He told me that when he dies, he is going to give one of his houses to me, and the other to my older sister. He said that he was going to help me with finding work, which would be nice. I don't know if it's in remission or what, but he said that he does. We talked for a minute and he started talking about sex, lol. I don't know where that came from. LOL. But, he wrapped the conversation and we said good bye to each other. He went next door to see my grandparents.

I have to be honest, I was nervous seeing him again. I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't, only because I thought that he would be disappointed in me and where my life is now. I thought that he was going to voice his disappointment in me. But, that didn't happen. :^) It was great that he stopped by. I hate surprised visits, but that was welcomed.

0 comments: