Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

R.I.P. Gary Coleman. ♥

February 8th, 1968 - May 28th, 2010




Gary Coleman died on Friday, May 28th after being in critical condition for a few days in the hospital from a brain hemorrhage. I heard that he was in critical condition the day he was emitted into the hospital, but I didn't think that he would die. I thought that he would pull through, so I didn't think anything of it. I was actually shocked when I read that he had died. I was sad to found out that he had died.

Man, Gary Coleman was the epitome of a child star tragedy. First off, he was born with a condition that stunted his growth and any other conditions that accompanied that. Then he was given up for adoption where, when he was four days old, his adoptive parents adopted him. Then he ended up on a very successful sitcom call Diff'rent Strokes where he was not only the star, but the highest paid actor on the show. I mean, lets face it, people watched that show to see cute and spunky little Arnold Jackson. Later on, all that money that he earned from playing Arnold on Diff'rent Strokes was squandered by his parents, so much so that he didn't have much to survive on. Then he sued his parents and was award with a 3 million settlement that was gone quickly from lawyer fees and bad investments. He become broke. He ended up being SO BAD off financially that he ended up working as a security guard on a movie set. Compound all of THAT with severe and re-occurring health conditions, and it is not hard to see that he led a very untoward life.

He never got over what happened to him in his childhood. It is so sad. This man ended up very bitter and pugnacious because of the hand that he was dealt. I have to admit, I never really like Gary in his later years because every time I saw him on T.V., he came off as very contemptible, disdainful, and bitter. I can really understand now, knowing what he had to endure in life. But, on the other hand, I wish that he would have had the fortitude to rise above that. He let his bad luck defeat him, and he was constantly the victim. He could have changed his life around instead of being so bitter. He could have been like Emmanuel Lewis and gone to college and had a back-up plan. He could have made his situation much better if he didn't have such a chip on his shoulder that he could glue back into place. Nonetheless, his life was still tragic.

R.I.P. Gary Coleman
♥


0 comments: