Boy, last night was a trip. I engaged in a debate with someone on YouTube over using abortion as birth control. I was debating with some woman named Nancy Drew (that was her username, anyway). Well, after watching the video, I commented on it. I said that I completely agree with the person who made the video except that, if a woman is sexually active, she should be responsible enough to use prevented measures, i.e., birth control pills, sexing a guy willing to use condoms, diaphragms, spermicide, etc. Her first response was that she would rather the woman abort a baby she is not ready for (financially and otherwise) than for the woman to have it and her tax dollars go to raising the baby (aid, welfare). Keep in mind that I didn't contest that. I said that I agreed with her, so why in the hell did she start some debate? All I said was that women should be smart about their sex life. Use preventative measures against pregnancy (and we didn't even mention STDs) first so you don't have to go through an abortion. If it fails, than abortion should be used. At the same time, I got their point that it's better for the woman to not have the baby if she can't take care of it. I agree. But, using abortion as a crutch for to be sexually irresponsible is not good. Preventative measures are always best, not just when it comes to sex. This is empirical and not a matter of "opinion." But what this woman, who CLEARLY lacked reading comprehension skills, did was make a bunch of straw-man arguments. She took what I said, twisted into what I DIDN'T say, and based her arguments for that. She contested that she wanted to see the numbers of women who use abortion as birth control. I said that the numbers were irrelevant because, if a woman who is sexually active and doesn't want a baby, YET does NOTHING to prevent it from happening, she is going to do two things: Either HAVE the baby, or get rid of it via abortion. There is NO in between. If there were shades of grey, then I could see why she would want data and all this crap, but there isn't. It's cut and dry. She either has the baby or she DOESN'T. How is that hard to understand? There are woman who are not responsible sexually, like a lot of men, and don't take measures to protect themselves.
To be honest, I really don't know exactly what we were debating over. I think this lady just wanted to argue for the sake of arguing. I said that abortion would be a drastic measure compared to everything else. But, with her straw man arguments, she somehow twisted that into me saying that abortions are "unsafe" and "bad"when I never said that or implied that. She came up with conclusions on her own and then said that I am pro-life and disguising it with "double talk" which was BULLSHIT! I am pro-choice. I always have been. I am not against nor for abortions, but I am for someone, women in this case, having the right to choose. Their decision doesn't affect me. She was going all over the place and clearly didn't know what the hell she was talking about. She would pick one or two words out all my comments and go on from there. I think that's how she made her arguments. She never addressed all of my comments, she just chose a few words and started off from there, like when I said that "abortion is a drastic measure." Drastic meaning the most extreme solution, not unsafe, not dangerous, or any other crap she accused me of saying. But compared to everything else, i.e. preventative measures, morning after pill, etc, YES it is. But from that, she took that as me saying that it's "bad" and "unsafe" and women shouldn't have abortions. Yes, abortions are safe if done correctly by a specialist, but that doesn't stop it from being the most extreme solution against pregnancy. Like I said, she is a bitch who lacks reading comprehension skills. Yes, I am calling her a bitch and I don't apologize for it. Speaking of the morning after pill, she bought it up FIRST and accused me of diverting the discussion to that. I told her that she bought it up first and just responded. If you didn't think that it was relevant, than why bring it up in the first place? You didn't want it part of the discussion than don't bring it up! It's that simple. I addressed her whole comment which including the morning after pill SHE bought up. Well, after I made my comment, she took that one piece of my comment about the morning after pill (left didn't address the rest of my comment) and went on from there. Like I said, this lady lacked comprehension skills, didn't know what she was talking about, and didn't know how to debate. She took things I didn't say, twisted them into what I didn't say with her fucked up conclusions, and went on from there. She was WAY off the meter.
All of a sudden, after I finished writing my last comment, I pressed post and saw that I was blocked. Yes, the lady who made the video blocked me from her channel. I couldn't believe it. What the hell she block me for? Then, AFTER she blocked me, she made comment responses to my comments. That is a bitch move (well...). How are you gonna block me AND THEN respond to my comments knowing damn well I can't reply? Cowardly much? Or maybe wanted people to think that she won the argument because I was not replying. And, not only that, in her replies to me she used my SAME argument. So basically she agreed BUT used that as her contention against my argument. Again...
B.W.L.R.C.S (Bitches who lack reading comprehension skills). That doesn't make any sense. Now only does she look stupid, but she also lost a follower. I was subscribed to her channel and read her blogs. Now, fuck her! Her lost because she didn't have that many followers in the first place, although I think she just started out.
Welp, deuces! ♥
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment