Happy Birthday Michael Jackson!
Although no longer here, Michael will always be immensely loved and extremely missed. Michael Jackson, a man who ended up being THE greatest entertainer and most famous person the world has ever seen, would have been 52 today if he was still here. This day is like a bullet in a heart already lacerated by daggers of the past year. The reason why is because this day is more of a reminder of the loss that we have.
I said in an earlier blog post that I was going to be more honest, so here it goes...
I still very much miss Michael even after over a year of his passing. I am not hurting as much as I was, but I still feel the effects of his absence. Michael has been a part of my life since I was six years old. It is absolutely impossible for me to think of my past without thinking of Michael, no matter how hard I try... and I have. I can't easily throw away 19 years of memories and knowledge of this man that I have accumulated. I have been a hardcore fan since I was six years old. Michael has an indelible presence in the archives of my memories. So even after Michael's passing a year and a two months ago, I am still lamenting over it. I feel his loss more than anyone else who may not have been as big of a fan as I have been.
I may have learned some detestable things about this man that, I will admit, makes me upset and makes it easier for me to get over his death and move on more than I have, but I cannot forget him, his music, his contributions, his legacy, his genius altogether.
From here on out, June 25th, July 7th, and August 29th will be days when I will feel his absence even more. Maybe this will go away or at least assuage somewhat, but for now I feel it. These are the days when I REALLY miss him.
On the other side, though, I am very much cognizant that we all are going to pass one day, and Michael was no exception. I never thought that Michael would never die, I just didn't think that he would have passed so abruptly and without warning. I mean think about it, in the morning of June 25th the world woke up to news that Farrah Fawcett, most famous for being a Charlie's Angel and a sexy pinup, had passed away. This may sound a bit insensitive, but it was only a matter of time with her. See, with her we had a warning. It came out in 2006 that she had anal cancer. So on that morning of June 25th, 2009, people were sad but not surprised, at least not the people who knew that she had cancer. Just when the world was talking about Farrach Fawcet, we got news that Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital, and sadly, was pronounced dead. No warning, no anything. He was gone in a twinkle of an eye. The death of Farrah Fawcet was then usurped by the death of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. Gosh, it takes me right back to that day. It still feels so fresh when I think about it.
Happy birthday, Mr. Jackson. I still miss you!




0 comments:
Post a Comment