Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

That Dear, Dear, Deer!

*Sigh*

Hello! Now, as I promised yesterday, I was going to tell you about what happened this past weekend. Ok, so I'll get right to it. Here we go:

This past weekend was Mother's Day weekend. My mother and I went to the casino. Now, before I go into what I want to go into, I just want to say that I was really happy with myself. I don't want to come off sounding vain or anything, for that is not my intention. But, I am/was happy with myself. Why? I drove one way to the casino. Now, you maybe saying, "OK, what's the bid deal?" Well, it takes two hours to drive to the casino. I have never literally drove ANYWHERE for two hours. Hell, when I was living in San Diego, I wouldn't even drive to L.A., and that takes at least 2 hours to get there (if you don't count the bad traffic). So, yeah, I drove one way for two hours. I really didn't think that I could do it. Yeay! :^)

So, back to the story...

I drove one way to the casino. We stayed there for a few hours, than we left. Now, I drove to the casino, but my mom was going to drive us home. So, as my mom was driving, she mentioned that it was a full moon that night. And sure enough, it was. Well, right after I said that, within a SPLIT SECOND, I descried a baby deer, and not even within a a SECOND, my mom inadvertently ran over it. Man, witnessing a deer - a baby deer at that - get killed was really traumatic for me. After that incident, I just sat in the car feeling astonished and somber; so much to the point that I started to cry. I just never seen anything like that. This is one incident t hat I will never forget.

Like I said, it was all an accident. I mean, my mother was driving at least 60 mph on the rural highway. If she had tried to swerve, especially at that speed, that could have been both of our lives! I probably wouldn't be here right now typing this entry. But, even knowing this, I still can't help but to feel sadness and sympathy for that Deer.

Until next time...or whenever!

0 comments: