Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunshine! Blue Skies! La La La

The weather was really nice out today (well, it was "today" when I started this blog). The sun was shining, and it was warm. Yeah, spring is definitely here. I live in the hood, and you know the weather is getting warm when:

  1. You hear people having a fracas outside over some bullshit.
  2. You hear three different loud ass songs blaring from three different cars.
  3. You hear black folks yelling "fuck" this, "nigga" that.
  4. You hear old folks complaining about young black folks saying "fuck" this, and "nigga" that.
  5. You hear children outside screaming like they're being murdered.
  6. You see two different cars stopping dead in the middle of the street so they can talk to their "boy" while holding up the damn traffic.
  7. You hear someone honking their horns rhythmically like they are lying down beats for a track.
  8. And, last but not least, you smell burnt ass barbecue from two houses down.

If you have ever lived, or been in the hood, then you know what I mean. Yeah, I'm glad the weather is getting warm, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high just yet. This is just the calm before the storm (and I mean that literally). Stormy weather will be coming soon. Heavy rain, and high cracking thunder storms. Not to mention the humidity. Yeah, this is shit that I'm looking forward to experiencing. Yippy! Anyways...

Even though the weather was really nice, I didn't really go out. I took Sammy outside to roam around (My mom's Yorkie Terrier. Don't EVER get a Yorkie. Yeah, they're cute, but they are nothing but headaches). But that was about it. See, here's the thing with me. I don't like going outside unless I have money. And seeing as I'm brokeole' (My new word for ya'll. FLAVOR FLAAAAV!!!!), I didn't want to go out. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Girl, what the hell is wrong with you? Goin' out and sniffin' the eerr and enjoying the weather don't cost nothin'". Yeah, sho' you right, but here's my thing. When I'm broke, I don't want to have anything to do with going outside unless it's to earn money. "You wanna come outside and talk on the porch?" No, I'm broke. "You wanna come outside and play a game?" No, I'm broke. "Girl, bring yo' ass outside and help me with these groceries." No, I'm broke. I know that shit is pitiful, but it's true. The reason why I'm like that is because, when I go outside, I would always get the whim to go some where;To go some where that cost money. I always get that feeling when I go out on a beautiful day. "Oh, it's so nice out. I want to go some where." Me going outside is going to give me a dismal reminder that I have NO money, thus, I can't do anything on this beautiful day. So, I just avoid it altogether. Hopefully, all that will be changing soon. I hope I get that job. I really hope so. *crosses fingers on both hands*

1 comments:

Danielle's Daughter said...

Girl, i am SO SICK of smelling burnt up charcoal briquets as soon as i open the door-and its only APRIL!!!

BTW, love the new layout! You might try shrinking the font to SMALL on really long posts, tho. I find that when I do that, it makes my blog easier to read. :)