I would have wrote about this a few days ago, but I just couldn't process it. I just couldn't... *sigh* I am still having a hard time with this, but my fandom will not allow me to write at least one blog about this. As hard as it is... as HARD as IT IS... *don't cry Tara*
My all time favorite musical singer and performer, the best the world has EVER SEEN, Michael Jackson, died on Thursday afternoon. Uh... It's so hard for me to type those words. Never have I thought that I would be typing "Michael Jackson" and "died" in the same sentence. Well, at least not so soon, anyway. I mean, the man was 50 years old when he passed away.
On that Thursday, I went on Facebook. A woman who I knew since high school wrote a message on her wall saying, "Man, I heard that Michael Jackson died. If he did, that's messed up." Now seriously, when I first saw that statement, I was skeptical. I mean, there has been SOOOOOOOO many rumors in the past about Michael Jackson dying and it turned out to be false. But, I decided to check it out. I went to a website and it said that Michael Jackson has passed away. I couldn't believe it. And I mean literally... I couldn't believe it. No way! The King of Pop? Michael Jackson? Dead? So, after I read breaking news, I went and turned the T.V. on to CNN. When I got there, they said that Michael was in a Coma. A wave a relief entered my mind. A Coma, although still bad, gave me some hope. Why? because a person in a Coma technically isn't dead, and they still have a chance to wake up. I would rather get news that Michael was in a coma rather than hearing news that Michael was dead. I was thinking, "Man, he's in a coma, but at least he is still alive." Not even 5 minutes past and they confirmed that Michael was dead. All over the news, The king of Pop, dead. I remember thinking, "NO! Please don't let it be true. It can't be true. Give him some time. Maybe he'll wake up!" When I tell you that I was in utter shock and disbelief, I mean I was in utter shock and disbelief! I really couldn't believe it. It felt like he was still here. While I was trying my hardest to process the information, it's like my mind was saying, "THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE! THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE!"
My mother even called me from work to see if I was OK. When she called, I started to cry. And that's how it's been for the past few days. One moment I would be in disbelief and be completely sane, the next, it would hit me link a bulldozer and I start to cry uncontrollably.
It is hard to believe that the King of Pop, the man that I have been in owe of since I was 6 years old, is dead.
Sure, Michael is not some infallable god that can't die, but I never thought that I would see this day so soon.
August 29th, 1958 - June 25th, 2009
R.I.P.




0 comments:
Post a Comment