Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

DAMMIT! THIS is why I hate CPT time!... Oh, and my first day of work.

Aaahh, what a day. I am so pissed tired. I feel like I'm about the fall out as I'm typing this. But I'm more inclined to talk about my day right now. Excuse me for a moment... *YAAAWN* OK, now let me get started.

Welp, today was my first day at my new job; a job that I wanted. You would think that it would have started out to be a good day... but NOOOO! It seemed like things took a turn for the worse just as soon as I got out of bed. I must have been high or something last night, because my stupid ass set the alarm clock on my phone to the WRONG TIME. I set it for 6:50 A.M. instead of 5:50 A.M. The result? My ass being late for my FIRST DAY of work. Here is the deal. I was supposed to start my job at 8:00 o'clock A.M. So, you may be wondering, "If you didn't have to be in until 8:00 o'clock, then why in the hell did you have to wake up so early?" Two dreadful words: Pu... pu... Aww damn, I can't say it! Pu... public transportation (whew!).

Let me elaborate on this. In order for me to get to work on time, I have to take the first bus at around 6:40 A.M. I set my alarm clock (or I thought I did) to wake me up at 5:50 A.M. so I can get up early enough to wash up and get dressed. At around 6:40 A.M. I take the first bus to the bus station so that I can transfer onto another bus. ALL of the buses leave the station at 7:00 A.M. Now, the second bus that I take from the station arrives near my place of work at around 7:35 A.M. That is the latest bus schedule that I have to adhere to if I want to be on time. The next schedule time for that same route, that would arrive near my place of work, would be at 8:05 A.M. And remember, my shift starts at 8:00, so that just will not do!

Anyway, I woke up at 6:50 A.M. instead of 5:50 A.M. I swear my brains were on the fritz today because, even though the time said 6:50, my eyes saw 5:50. So, my ass gets up and gets dressed as if everything was peachy keen ( "Aaawl guud" for the more ebonically inclined). After I get dressed I walk to the nearest bus stop. I stand there and wait... and wait... and wait... and wait. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. A bus did not come the whole almost 20 minutes that I was standing there. Luckily, the cold weather wasn't as bad today. Because if it were, my ass would have been frozen like a Popsicle. Anyway, since I saw that the bus was not coming, I walk back home. When I walk into the house, I ask my mom what time it was. I couldn't believe that it was 7:50 A.M. I had to be at work in 10 MINUTES! I was shock and livid. But, most of all, I was confounded. At this time I was thinking, "How in the world did time skip an hour? And most importantly, why did it have to do it TODAY?" I asked my mother for a ride, but she said that she couldn't do it. Then I called the Hotel and told one of the managers that I would be late for work today. I mean, out of AAAALL the days to be late for a job, it had to be on the FIRST day. Fortunately the manager was understanding. I told him that I would be there at 9:30. He just told me to get there as soon as possible.

And it doesn't end there. Boy, it was a good thing that I told him 9:30 and not 9:10, or 9:15. Because the next bus that would was supposed to come on time, did NOT! If that bus came on time, I could have got on the second bus at the station that would drop me off near my place of work at 9:05 A.M. Now, usually, if a bus is late, it's because they have a LOT of people on there and it's packed. Around this time (in the morning) buses are usually busy, and they have to make more frequent stops to pick up passengers. But, in THIS case, the bus that was late did NOT have a lot of people on there (and when I say a LOT of people. I mean so many that there are a number of people STANDING UP while riding because there are no available seats left). So I could not, for the life of me, understand why this bus was sooo damn late. Then again, this bus driver was black. By the time we arrived at the bus station, all the other buses were leaving; including the one I had to take that would get me near my place of work at 9:05 A.M. I was so mad. I would have been more understanding if the bus was PACKED, but it wasn't.

So, then I get off of the bus and go into the bus station lobby to wait for the second line up that would include my route. After I walked in, I went into their little convenience store they have (yeah, they got it like that. And they damn well better for how much they charge to ride) and bought me a Hostess-like cupcake and some chocolate, minty candy. After that, I sat down to eat and listen to Bobby Valentino on my Ipod (Beep, Beep, Beep). Ok, I'm gonna spare the minute details because I'm sure that you don't give a damn about my love affair with Bobby's music or Hostess Cupcake.

So then the second line up comes. FINALLY! THANK YA!! So, I go out there and stand by my bus that is supposed to be leaving in 10 minutes ( the line up was supposed to leave at precisely at 9:00 A.M.). The bus driver was not in the bus, so I stand there waiting. 8:50... waiting... 8:54... waiting... 8:57...STILL waiting. 9:00 o' clock comes and all of the buses leaves except... guess! Go on, guess! *DING DING DING!* That's right, MINE! I would give you a prize but this isn't The Price Is Right and I have no lovely dinnet set, or no hand crafted, cherry finish wood dressers to give you. Sorry! It is 9:00 A.M. ON THE DOT and driver STILL isn't here. 9:00 'o clock... still, STILL waiting. Then, FINALLY, at 9:04, here comes the bus driver. And guess what... he's BLACK. How in the HELL is he late and he is at the station. He was in a building that was right across from where his bus is park. I swear, we black folk take CPT time WAAAAAAAY to seriously! I mean, damn. The other buses left fore scores and forever ago and he's just now getting to his bus.

The bus driver accosted me while I was walking on the bus, but I was so damn mad that I didn't even want to look at him. So, I finally sat down in a seat, and we were off. Now, surprisingly we got to the place ON TIME. His last stop (which is the one where I get off) is in front of a hospital. So then I get off, and walk to the hotel. The hotel is near the hospital. It's kind of behind it.

I walk into the "Gallery." There they don't call it a lobby. They call it the "Gallery." The manager greets me, tells me a bit about the hotel, and took me to the break room so I can place my things in a locker. Then he took me to a room that was being cleaned and introduces me to Mary. My first impression? she was very nice, and loquacious as all get out. But, that was fine with me. The more she talked, the more I learned.

Time passed by rather quickly. We cleaned some rooms, took a lunch, and cleaned more rooms. Then I had to go down stairs for "service training." There all of the managers introduced themselves, told us a little about their background, and how they ended up working for that hotel. There were other trainees in there, too. After the introductions, we took a tour of the hotel. Then, after we took the tour, we came back and watched some videos. Oh...and we had to fill out tax forms. Before I knew it, it was time to go home.

The first day was great. Nothing spectacular besides the ambiance and their overpriced snacks. As I was walking to the bus stop at the end of the day, I saw the SAME bus driver that drove me this morning. But hey, it was all good. My anger mollified and I was just going home.

Anyway, that's that. :^)

0 comments: