Boy, what a Forth of July weekend.
I know that's been a while since I've last posted. I said that I'd make at least one post a month. Welp, so much for June. Oh, and speaking of June, R.I.P. to Michael Jackson. June 25th was his 5th death anniversary.
I still can't believe that this man is gone. I wish he were still alive so much.
Well, this post isn't about Michael Jackson. However, I'll tell you what did happen on the anniversary of his death: I started a new job!
Yep! I have a new job. You might be wondering what happened to my job I had at that factory. They didn't technically let me go or fire me. They just haven't needed me for so long. During that time, I thought that they did fire me, but when I called up my other temp agency to let them know that I found another job, they said that the place I worked at kept me in their system and that they'd call me back when they needed me. That was a relief, but I'd already found another job. It's still a temp job, but it's not factory work. It's data entry. (YES!)
However, I guess that might be a post for another time. I want to talk about my holiday weekend.
Last week, my grandfather checked himself into the hospital because he was having trouble breathing. I mentioned in another post that my grandfather has cancer. Well, he check himself in a stayed a few nights. On Friday, which I had off because it was the holiday, we went to go pick him up from the hospital. We used my great aunt's car to drive there and pick him up. After he had gotten ready, the nurse had him put in a wheelchair and we took the elevator down to the lobby and went through the emergency doors to bring the car around.
As we were walking to the car, my great aunt stumbled and feel on the pavement! Right there in the hospital parking lot. When she got up, her nose was bleeding and she was spitting out blood. I ran to the nurse that was waiting with my grandfather and told her. She ran inside, and my grandfather ran to my great aunt.
After she got checked into the hospital, she was taken into this examination room. We sat there for a while talking. Despite the blood that she was spitting out, she insisted that she was fine. She looked banged up pretty good, but if she was fine, then who am I to say otherwise. She certainly was acting like herself, as if nothing had happened, so I don't doubt that she felt OK.
My mother called my grandmother and told her what happened. Then shortly after my aunt was put into the examination room, my grandmother and relatives that were visiting out of town came by.
After they all came, I went a sat in the family waiting room with my aunt and cousin. My aunt wanted to go to the mall, so after a while, we left. We went to the mall to get my cousin a patriotic outfit. I wanted to go to Barnes and Nobles, but truth be told I didn't have any money. I wanted to look around. I kind of lost my way and just stayed at the food court, waiting for my aunt and cousin to arrive.
But boy, what a day, huh? Shit. First my grandfather was in the hospital, then my great aunt ended up in the hospital.
To top it all off, my mom's old, new car wasn't working. The belt that made it possible to steer the car fell off. It happened on Thursday. And the car is still in the parking lot of my job. I'll have to take the bus to work. Just our luck. I knew that car was bad news, but my grandfather bought for her without her even her knowing, so she didn't get any input in the decision. I hated that he did that.
I did go downtown to see the 4th of July fireworks... that happened on THE 5TH. No kidding. They were great.
Welp, deuces.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment