Soooo...
It's been a few months since the last time I've made a post. I figure that I'd at least make one post a month. Welp, so much for February and March. *shrug*
Today I started a new job (yeay, me). It's a general labor factory job that's really close to where i live. I was there once before for half a day. It's fast past, which I don't care for. But other than that, it's a pretty easy gig. It's just packaging, basically. I've been out of work and out of money for almost a year now, so it's refreshing and nice to have some income coming in.
I wish that I could say that something spectacular happened on my first day, but it started off as any regular work day. One thing that was nice was that they had a potluck today, which was just my luck because I didn't bring a lunch or have lunch money. I hate to sound mean, and far be it for me to complain, but the food wasn't very good (shh, don't say anything). Not saying that I would have done a better job because I can't don't know how to cook homemade meals. The food that I did enjoy was the chicken. Despite the food not being very palatable, I was glad that I had something to eat because I sure needed the energy.
I'm working 1st shift, which I'm happy about. Most of the jobs I've had in the past were 3rd shift, and that's because I tend to stay up late and sleep a lot during the day. However, despite my inclination to stay up late, I don't like working third-shift jobs. I don't know. There's just something about going into work when it's dark out and leaving when it's about to dawn. I just hate getting into work when it's about late night. Also, when I clock out of a third shift job and go home, I don't feel like I have enough time during the day. I'm sleeping because I'm so tired, then I'm up for a few hours, I go back to sleep, then before you know it, it's time to get up and get ready for work...at night. Even though I wouldn't want to work third shift, I would have taken it. So long as I can get home via bus when I have to work overtime.
In other news, we found out last week that my grandfather may have cancer. Last year my uncle died after his year-long battle with cancer, and now six months after burying my uncle, we find out that my grandfather may have it. I say may because the doctors did an X-ray on him after he admitted himself in after coughing up blood. They found a mass in his lungs and believe that it's more than likely cancer, but they wouldn't be really sure until they do a biopsy. My grandfather refused. As a matter of fact, he checked himself out of the hospital. I know, right? I really wish that he would have stayed. He said that he had a lump in his throat, and that it was hard for him to swallow. When we say him on the day we found out, he couldn't breathe for well. The following day, he was breaking and talking fine, but there is still that concern and worry about him having cancer. I mean, he may seem fine on the outside now, but Cancer is a terrible and parasitic disease, and I hate the thought of having the lose him to it.
After find out that our grandfather had cancer, my sister got on a plane and arrived the next day. She spent a few days here, one of those days including my mother's birthday. On my mother's birthday, we went to the mall. Geez, I can't ever remember the last time I even stepped foot inside the mall. It was a beautiful day out... well it was beautiful considering the weather we've been getting here. It was nice, sunny weather. When we went into the mall, we visited a few stores until we got to JC Penney's. There, my mother and my sister were looking for clothes for my mother to try on. We found some, and my sister purchased them for her as her birthday gifts. Then, before we headed to the car, my sister and I went into Barnes and Nobles. I wanted to just look around since we were at he mall (and I had no money, lol). However, my sister asked me what book I had in mind, and I said The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene. She wasn't too fond of the book when we found it, but she bought the book for me. :^) So cool of her. My mother got a nice outfit, and I got the book that I've been wanting for a while.
Then after the mall, we wanted to get something to eat. Boy, my mother can be indecisive sometimes. My sister was asking her where she wanted to go, and she couldn't decide at first. Then we she did decide, she disappointingly said that she wanted to go to Steak N' Shake. I was thinking, "On your birthday? For why, though? For why? Why couldn't you have picked a restaurant?" When we got the Steak N' Shake, my mother changed her mind. I think it was because my sister didn't want to get anything from there, so since she didn't want anything from there, my mother wanted to decide on something we could all get. While we were thinking, I jokingly said no (restaurant name). And we laughed. The reason I said that was because of reports that this restaurant had an outbreak of the norovirus. There was a report that 60 people had gotten sick from eating there some days ago.
Well, despite that, we went, anyway. (I know, I know. *face palm*) Actually, before we went, my sister had looked up if it was OK to eat there. And from what was read, the health department didn't find anything egregious from the restaurant. The illness more than likely came from a sick employee or customer at the time. Well, we went and ate. My sister order the chips and cheese while my mother and I order their samplers appetizers (which were big enough to be meals on their own). We talked about books, universal morality (Sam Harris), and Russia. From there, we went home. Since my mother and I don't go out much, it was a very pleasant and fun day. Wish that we could re-live it.
My sister went back home on Tuesday.
Welp, that's all that's been happening thus far. As I've said up top, I'll try to post at least once a month.
Deuces! ♥
Friday, April 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment