After being gone for quite sometime, I am back in California! Yeaaaaay! That's right! This girl is boastin' about West coastin'! The only difference is that I'm visiting, not living here.
Man, I haven't been in California for at least 5 years now. yeah, I can't believe it's been that long. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was scarfin' down California burritos after my bible class and being stuck in I-can't-believe-this-shit traffic on the way home from Carlsbad. I only imagined about my time here since I left, but now here I am! It was nice to see all the familiar places! My sister and I rode through the area I used to live near before I left. I'm glad to see that not much has changed. Except for the Blockbuster the closed down, everything is pretty much the same; just the way I remember it.
Man, I haven't been in California for at least 5 years now. yeah, I can't believe it's been that long. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was scarfin' down California burritos after my bible class and being stuck in I-can't-believe-this-shit traffic on the way home from Carlsbad. I only imagined about my time here since I left, but now here I am! It was nice to see all the familiar places! My sister and I rode through the area I used to live near before I left. I'm glad to see that not much has changed. Except for the Blockbuster the closed down, everything is pretty much the same; just the way I remember it.
The truth is, though, that coming here is bitter-sweet to me because, even though Michigan stinks like a hot pile of elephant dung in an African jungle, I miss my mother. She wasn't too happy about me going, and that made me feel guilty about taking this trip. I am worried about her. I don't think it's so much that I was going, I think what bothered her is that I'd be gone for so long. As of right now, I'm going to be here for six weeks. The reason why is because my sister who I a staying with has a lot of traveling to do next month. Well, I wouldn't say a bunch. It's more of the length of how long each trip takes. At the end of August, she will be in Philadelphia for two weeks. She has two pets that she wants me to sit while she is gone. She has a new dog, and she needs someone to walk him and take him out while she's gone, as well as take care of her cat. However, things can change, so I might not have to stay for as long as planned.
We don't have in plans in particular. I know, for sure, that I'll visit my aunt Marilyn at least once while I'm here. I'd love to go see the ocean. while I was living here, I never got to see the ocean. I know, right? How in the world are you living near the ocean and never got to see it? I don't know. Maybe I was waiting for the right time, or...yeah, I don't know. I just didn't, OK? LMAO! Hopefully that will be something that we'll do. We'll see. I would also like to go to Sea World and to some history and art museums. It would be great to take the trolly around Olds Town. While I was living here, I didn't get to experience as much of San Diego as I wanted, so maybe I will do more here than when I was living here. I know that San Diego has a lot to do, but I don't know all there is because, as I've said already, I didn't do much while I was living here.
Mountain. Palm trees. Blue skies. Ocean. California's beauty is unmatched by any other state in the Union. No, I haven't been to every state in this country, but I bet that if I had, their wondrous scenery wouldn't hold a candle to California! Looking at the landscape always takes my breath away. It revitalizes you, yet brings serenity when you see it. It makes you happy to be alive. This is one of the things that I missed about being here.
Welp, that's all I'm typing for now. I might be leaving pretty soon. My sister and I are going to get something to eat. I'll definitely keep posting about my trip while I'm here.
Deuces.



0 comments:
Post a Comment