Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chris Brown and the fucked up dickheads who defends him.

I wasn't going to talk about this. But I am now. Most because I am a bit livid on a few thngs. Ever since it was revealed that Chris Brown abused Rihanna on that infamous night before the Grammys, almost every website that I visit, I am inundated with videos, blogs, photos, and discussions of and about Miss Robyn Rihanna Fenty and Chris Brown. I'm serious. It's all over the internet.

I have read and participated in a few discussions about what Chris did to Rihanna. Damn, I have to say that a lot of people's opinions are just appauling. I have seen so many people stick up for Chris Brown on this matter, and I'm not just talking about his illusioned, teenage fans who believe that Chris can NEVER do any wrong. This debated have ignited debates from younger people to older people. Like I said, I have read a lot of people sticking up for Chris Brown. Most of the people I see sticking up for Chris Brown are black. Not only black men, but black women as well. I mean, I have read comments from women (mostly black I think) who condoned Chris Brown beating Rihanna's ass. This is down right pathetic. You know what? This is a rant, so I'm gonna rant. People who condone domestic violence are idiots, PERIOD! And to be honest, it doesn't surprise me that mostly black people - male and female - are condoning this. Black people tend to disdain the good things and glorify the bad. A lot of (not all) Black men glorify misogyny, crime, violence, sex, cars, rims, jewelry, thuggery, drinking (there is nothing wrong with drinking, but it's being drunk is what I'm referring to.), selfishness, and ignorance as a whole, while they disdain education, integrity, common sense, respect, or anything that's positive and unmaterialistic. And a lot of (again, not all) Black women aggrandize ass shaking, snipping, bad attitudes, fighting, sex, thugs, bad boys, baby daddies, and fights while concurrently disregarding, with exception of education in a lot of cases, all the things I listed already. This is why our community is so ass backwards. All I see is apathy. No one cares about anything. And they are so damn complacent that they don't see the damage it is causing. And even if they do see it, they don't care. But, I am digressing. I'll save my rant on the black community for another day. This blog is about people who are sticking up for Chris Brown and what he did. Back on topic...

In addition of people sticking up for Chris Brown, a lot of people, without addressing what Chris Brown did and what Rihanna had to go through, defensively (that's the key word here) bought up the fact that there are women who beat on men. People have to understand that this is bigger than Rihanna and Chris Brown. It's about domestic violence. Chris Brown represents abusers, and Rihanna represents the victims. And people who are sticking up for Chris Brown, as well as bringing up the fact that women beat on men as a defense without first seeking to understand what the female victims go through, are incompassionate, and apathet.. scratch that... PATHETIC people. That goes for both men and women who make these comments.

Now, let me elaborate on women beating men before I come off as being a one sided female. (probably too late, lol). Look, I do NOT condone women beating on men either, PERIOD. I have heard a lot of stories of women who have hit, pushed, punched, stabbed (yes, STABBED), beat their man. No one should not be abusing anyone. A relationship is about love, NOT abuse. Yes, people have problems in relationships, and get angry at their partner for one reason or another, but there is NOTHING that warrants someone beating their partner's ass, unless it's self defense.

Now, back to men hitting women. Like I said, I don't condone that, either. I have used the example from the movie Baby Boy. People scoff and say, "That's just a movie. That's not real." and I want to say, "Oh really? You mean to tell me that men cheating on their girlfriends/wives and not taking care of their responsibilities is just a fantasy and doesn't happen in real life? Wow, I wished I lived in your world." Ever heard of the expression "art imitates life?" It does. A lot of people create art from experiences of real life people and situations. No, not all of it is an imitation. We know that movies such as Star Wars and Mars Attack don't imitate anything. But, you get my drift...

Anyway, there is a part in the movie where Tahaji's character (Yvette) and Tyresse's charater (Jodie) are in the car together after Jodie picks up Yvette from work. They drive to a Mexican restaurant, and it's there where Yvette discovers Jodies condoms in the backseat of her car. She asked Jodie about it, and that's when the argument starts. They argue all the way home. Once they are home, they continue the argument where Yvette continues to prod Jodie about the women he was having sex with. One of the questions that Yvette asked Jodie was if he was sleeping with a certain woman at her job. Because of Jodie's delayed answer, she assumed that he did although he didn't. Jodie isn't out of the woods though, because he almost did sleep with her, although he did stop himself (he gets 1/2 a kudos for that).

So, after Yvette is under the impression that he slept with her co-worker, they go into the house, and that is when the argument REALLY got heated. She is carrying on in anger and rage to Jodie about him cheating. She brings up all the reneged promises that Jodie made to her such as him doing right by her, and him not cheating on her anymore. Well, to make a long story short (too late on that, too. LOL.), Yvette punches jodie in the face. That, of course, took Jodie completely by surprise. He then yells, "Oh, now you gonna punch me in my face?" or something akin to that. After that, Yvette continues to blow small punches at Jodie while crying, "I'm sick on you cheating on me, Jodie!" After that, Jodie draws his hand back, and slaps her right upside her head. She then starts to cry and said that Jodie promised that he would never hit her. Jodie started to feel remorseful and carries Yvette to her room.

Now, the thing is, Yvette hit Jodie first. Yes, he retaliated, but she was the one that started it. Now, of course her feelings of anger and betrayal are justified because she found out that a man that she loves and is committed to cheated on her. But, like I said, in NO SITUATION can anyone warrant hitting someone else. Yvette should have NEVER hit Jodie, PERIOD. And that is another thing. I do feel that a lot of women exploit that fact that a man will not hit them back. So they start playing the hypocrite and start abusing their men. And if a man does hit them back (which I don't condone, but will explain why), they have the nerve to get upset or disappointed. Point is, they should NOT be hitting their man.

Now, as for the reason why men shouldn't retaliate, or abuse women PERIOD, here is why. Physically, men have more muscle mass, and thus, are physically stronger than women. Now, as I have said before, I don't condone a woman hitting a man. But, if a woman were to hit a man, it wouldn't not cause as bad of a damage if it were the other way around. If a women hit a man, he for the most part, can "take it." Not to say that he wouldn't suffer some pain and bruising, but the woman may have tried with all her strength and that is the most damage that she would cause. Of course there are exceptions were a woman would be stronger than a man. But in almost all cases, the man is physically stronger. Now, if it were the reverse, and the man used all his strength to hit her, he can cause a LOT WORSE physical damage. Hell, with one blow, he can knock her out, or even kill her.

Another reason why is, if your wife/girlfriend hits you, and you strike back, she can call the police. And they always take the side of the alleged victim; victim = woman. It sucks and it often boils my blood when I hear of women who fabricate a story of domestic violence when the man didn't do anything to her but make her mad. There are women who do that. They would call up 5.0 and tell them that their partner put their hand on her when he never did, just to be trifling.

So, men should know that, if she hits them, and they retaliate, and she calls the cops, the law will ALWAYS take her side. Now, if a woman has a gun or something, than that's a whole different story, lol.

So, like I said a million times, women shouldn't hit men. But, when I read comments about women hitting on men as a matter of defense w/o first showing any understanding, sympathy, or compassion for a female victim (i.e. Rihanna in this case), it just pisses me off.

I just don't have any compassion for men who beat on women (or women who do it, but in this case, we are talking about men). I'm sorry. If he does it once, than his ass deserves to be castigated. No mercy! I hate hearing excuses such as "he's human," or "he made a mistake." Fuck that shit! That's some of the excuses that women use to go back to an abusive man. Man hits a woman, man "feels remorsful" and apologizes, and woman defends him and say it was one mistake; he's human, give him a break, blah, blah,blah, crap, crap, crap. Only really rare cases would a man hit a woman and not do it again. But, for the rest, it will occur again. I'm sorry, but like I said, people who stick up for men like this are just a bunch of dumbasses IMO. My sister and I almost lost our mother to domestic violence. Unfortunately it was my dad who was doing the abusing. And when I hear about the things that he did to her, and how she almost lost her life, it makes me want to cry. So no compassion or mercy from me. No one will ever in their life hear me condoning domestic violence, and the fucked up assholes who engage in it.

0 comments: