Subscribe:

Pages

Ads 468x60px

.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hello bus driver, can I have a transfer...and some weed?

You know, riding the bus is always a mundane task. But, it's what you have to do to get around if you don't have any other way. When you are riding the bus there are rules that you have to adhere to, such as: No drinking, no eating, no smoking, no playing music without a set of headphones, etc. Well, these are good rules and all, and for the most part, people follow them. But, I think that there is one more rule that they would have to implement. What rule is that? Oh, I don't know. How about NO ROLLING A BLUNT while on the bus. Yeah, you would think that they wouldn't have to come up with a rule like this, but apparently it needs to be done.

I was riding home on the bus yesterday after leaving my place of work. My shift was "canceled" and no one called me the night before, like they are supposed to, to let me know. So, I got there and the shift was canceled, so I left. I take the number 24 bus to the mall to transfer on the number 5 bus. This bus was on it's way to the transit downtown, and there I would transfer on another bus that would take me straight home. Well anyways, I was just sitting on the bus listening to Bobby Valentino's song "Your Smile" feat Lil Wayne. So, as I'm sitting there the bus driver pull up to this stop to pick up a passenger. Looks like your average early 20 something person. Messy brunette hair, clothes that looked like he shopped at the Gap (I like the Gap as well so I'm not knocking it). He looked like he was a college student. Very well could have been because the stop that the bus driver pulled up to to pick him up was in front of a library. So, he gets in to the bus and finds him a seat. After he sits down, the dude next to him starts to converse with him. After that, I didn't pay the guy no mind. I was too busy looking out the window and drifting off in my daydream about California. But, as soon as a averted my head from the window, the dude was licking some paper back and forth. It look like he had some type of kit in his lap or something. Did you know that this dude was rolling a blunt? Yes, he was rolling a blunt. He was licking that paper back and forth, rolled it up, and put it behind his ear. I guess he was going to save it for later. I couldn't believe that. Out of all my years of riding the bus, I have never seen any shit like that. He was just conspicuously rolling a blunt as if he didn't care. I have seen and smelled of guys coming on the bus stinking of weed. The smell would be so strong that it would literally stink up the whole bus. But never have I seen someone rolling one up on the bus. The funny thing is the bus driver didn't say anything. I saw him look at that guy. He didn't say zilch. It was just so awkward. If I were the driver I would have told that young man to get his roach smoking ass off my damn bus. Luckily, there were no children on the bus. But still, that was some awkward shit.

That's not all. I saw something unfortunate on my way to the transfer station (besides the kid rolling a blunt). As we pulled up at a stop light, we saw a truck (in the opposite direction) looking like it was in the middle of a turn. Well, the truck wasn't moving. I thought, "why isn't the truck moving? What's the deal?" The bus driver needed to make a turn in the direction the truck was blocking. But it was obvious that he couldn't so he decides to just drive straight through instead of trying to make a turn. Like I said, I didn't know what the deal was until I saw 3 police cars behind the truck. I said to myself "oh, something must be going on." Well, the bus driver was driving straight through, I saw a red car pinned between this the gigantic trucks (you know, one of those huge 18 wheeler type trucks that you see on the high way and do your best to avoid? I don't know what they are called), and a pole. The big truck looked like it completely smash the driver side. I mean, it looked SMASHED. From the looks of it the truck driver probably didn't know that there was another car behind him that was also trying to make a turn? I don't know. Someone on the bus suggested that the car was in the trucks "blind spot". Either way, it looked really unfortunate. Just from the looks of it, it didn't look like the driver of the red car survived, though I hope they did. If they did than they were in very critical condition.

0 comments: